X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saint Augustine’s University Officially Suspends Football Program

https://www.blackenterprise.com/sain...ball-finances/

Comment

It sounds like it's not a matter of if St Augustine's closes, it's more like a matter of when the school is closing.

FWIW, with Mercyhurst leaving the PSAC for D1, a lot of PSAC schools will have open dates if the affected CIAA schools were so inclined to fill those open dates (either when St Augs was set to play or even in Week 0).
      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

In finding out that NC still has well over a billion dollars of unspent COVID $$$$ from the allocated funding package, I'm very surprised that the Governor and Attorney General (who control the pocket strings) didn't step in and help St Augustine University. This, after seeing so much money being spent on other projects and in subsidizing new companies and industries. Now, it's basically to late 😔

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
          In finding out that NC still has well over a billion dollars of unspent COVID $$$$ from the allocated funding package, I'm very surprised that the Governor and Attorney General (who control the pocket strings) didn't step in and help St Augustine University. This, after seeing so much money being spent on other projects and in subsidizing new companies and industries. Now, it's basically to late 😔
          I feel bad for St Augs, but I wouldn't want to set a precedent of the state using funds to bailout private colleges.

My question is where is the Episcopal Church in all of this? This will mark the second Episcopal affiliated HBCU to shutdown in roughly a decade, and Voorhees in South Carolina is barely hanging on.

Comment

They just released a statement saying they'll continue to compete in Division II in eleven other sports. I don't think that's their choice to make, though... as far as I know, there's no indication of them regaining accreditation, which would be required to maintain NCAA membership.

Comment

Another problem is without football they do not have two men's team sports.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X